- Thursday May 16th FINAL due date to be submitted in Turnitin.com (and hard copy with Geo IA Student Checklist)
- Monday May 6th (interim deadline): the homework you assigned yourself
- Wednesday May 8th (interim deadline): Section C – Quality and treatment of information data) collected. All processed data in neat and ‘scientific’ tables with sample calculations; all and any graphs; and map (spatial) visual representation. Section D – Written analysis of at least 600 words.
- Friday May 10th (in class): continue on analysis to reach 800-1000 words of analysis (Section D) and looking over criteria for Section E & F – Conclusion & Evaluation
- Tuesday May 14th (interim deadline): Conclusion & Evaluation (Sections E & F) is due (500 words);
- Thursday May 16th FINAL deadline: Class time will be spent tidying format for formal requirements (Section G), uploading to Turnitin.com and printing hard copies as needed.
Task: Research and find climate conditions for Johannesburg and/or Sandton area on April 18th (this is secondary data); a brainstorm and research as many ideas as possible on how to display/present your data and varibles; start processing the data on the spreadsheet also available here: IA Geo Data v2; your sketch map ready to photocopy onto A3 paper
DUE Fri, Feb 15th: Spearman’s Rank Correlation statistical test including the significance test, and concluding statements. You are testing whether there is a correlation between GDP per capita and energy consumption in oil-equivalent per capita. Data is available at World Bank, UN, CIA World Factbook websites. You can also use the country data handed to you at the start of the year in hard copy. The list of 16 countries include: South Africa, Norway, Sierra Leone, Kenya, USA, Malaysia, Germany,
Due Thu, Jan 10th:
Using the maps and graphs (Water and Change – water utilization), along with the conclusions you have drawn and jotted down in class in your groups:
- Construct 3 short answer exam-style questions
- the questions must range between 3 and 5 marks
- include the mark scheme (answers)
Due Tues 6th Nov (overdue + extensions granted): Complete the Essay Plan Organizer for Germany and China OR Germany and South Africa
Due Mon Oct 15th: gender inequalities presentations
Due Wed Oct 10th (or earlier) All research content with MLA bibliography for your assigned country. Be sure to have info for both women and men of that country to bring and show me in class.
Due Sept 28th (end of lesson) for non-JOMUN-ers: Tasks 3 and Task 4 Part B in 1.3 Migration
Due Wed Oct 3rdfor JoMUN-ers: Tasks 3 and Task 4 Part B in 1.3 Migration
Wed, Sept 26th: Impacts on countries of origin and destination for Mexico-USA migration. Read and summarize the articles your assigned impact perspective (Envio, Econo, Politico, Socio) from the appropriate web links on the worksheet. INDEPENDANT work please. We will pair up and share findings in class.
Mon, Sept 17th: Test on 1.1 Pop Change and 1.2 Responses to FR