Evaluating web sources – Why can’t I just Google?
1) Critically examine a number of different web sources. How can you tell what is good information?
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylp9nJpGak4 – CAPOW method of evaluating websites
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_qR5lpnXBE&feature=related – tutorial on evaluating websites
2) Why would I create an annotated bibliography? How do I create an annotated bibliography?
- use EasyBib.com to annotate the validity of sources (create an account if you don’t have one)
- How do you use the MLA referencing system? Why do we need to use it? What are good ways to organize this?